Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My first completed pair of socks.




So i tried to knit a sock back in may for my husbands birthday present but i got it done and it fit me perfectly but he couldnt get it on. LOL SO i had to frog it and never wanted to start again. So i figured with Christmas coming up i could attempt again and they turned out great. And i had enough yarn left over to make my son a pair as well. So daddy and don have matching socks.

Here is the pattern i used:

CO 76
Knit 3 purl 1 for 20 rounds
Knit the next 22 rounds
worked a short row heel with 36 stitches
Knit 20 rows
Knit 1 Purl 1 for 20 rounds
Knit for 20 rounds

Now for the toe decrease:
I have the beggining of my round starting at one side of the heel and all the heel sts are on one needle and those sts are the bottom of the foot and then teh other 36 sts are divided up on two needles.

So for a decrease row:
N1- knit 1 k2tog knit to the last 3 sts and ssk, knit one
N2- knit 1 k2tog knit the rest on teh needles
N3- knit ti last 3 sts, ssk, knit 1

Then i have a decrease row as follows. 3,3,2,2,1,1,1, decrease evry row. And i do a decrease row inbetween each of the numbers.

SO:
knit 3 rows
dec
knit 3 rows
dec
knit 2 rows
dec
knit 2 rows
dec
knit 1 row
dec
knit 1 row
dec
knit 1 row
dec
then jsut keep doing dec rows till you have 8-10 needles left.

Cut yarn and weave thru the remaingin sts and then tie off and weave in the tail.


As for my sons socks. Ill have to come back and write up the pattern. I'll try and do a rough draft of it.

CO 50
knit 3 purl 2 for 10 rounds
knit for 6 rounds
short row heel with 25 sts
knit till there is 2 inches before the toe decreases

I also followed the decrease as my husbands socks. But did 3,2,2,1,1,1.

I hope that makes sense. Its my first time actually trying to write out a pattern. Sorry.



No comments: